Wednesday, October 28, 2009

my mom's visit!

Wow!  So much happened in the month of October!  I'm already using past tense, because my mind will explode if I try to cram any more events in this mental file.  One of the most fun happenings of October 2009 was the much anticipated arrival of my mom!!  She and her 2 sisters stayed with me over Columbus Day wekend.  Yes, we all 4 stayed in my "cozy" apartment.  It really wasn't half bad.  My mom and I snuggled in my twin bed and my aunts shared the sectional couch.  I think the fact that they are all super-organized didn't hurt much, either.  Anyway- we had a blast!  I always love getting to hang out with my mom, but getting to see her interact with her sisters was priceless!  Here's a very small peek into the craziness that we packed into 3 days!

Mom's finally here!!

 

No time to lose- off to a Broadway show!


"The Hill" -they hated it.  REALLY hated it.


Central Park


 

So sweet- my mom let me use her teacher discount at the Apple store to buy a new computer!



(isn't it fabulous?  i'm 25...who needs a savings account?)

Rockefeller Plaza- Isn't my mom beautiful?



The Statue of Liberty...again.


The South Street Seaport

 
 

The New York Food & Wine Festival- they saw Alton Brown! PLUS, we ALL met Bobby Flay!!



We walked all over lower Manhattan



Finally...if you know my mother- you won't be surprised- there were sweets the WHOLE time...lots and lots of sweets!
 

Mom- hurry back!  I miss you already!!!

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous fun ya'll had! It was fun seeing pictures of Joni with her sisters. How special! I miss you Murph and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murphy, Your mom is beautiful! and so is your new mac! Wish is was me with you guys at the Wine and Food festival - sounds amazing! Love you, girl~!

    ReplyDelete