Thursday, October 22, 2009

arts and crafts

Oh my goodness!  I had such a blast last weekend at our women's retreat!  The Lord is doing a mighty work in the hearts of the ladies at Apostles church- and what a joy it was to witness!  There will definitely be another post soon about all that went on, but first I want to show you what I made! (I feel like a kindergartener at show-and-tell!)  This year, we had tons of activities to choose from during our afternoon free time.  I chose crafts with the unbelievably talented Julie Gasch, and I was not disappointed!  Julie put in so much time and work beforehand so that we could really make something.  We sewed a tote bag!!!  I love mine and take it everywhere.  In fact, it's sitting right next to me on my desk as I type this.  Below you'll see how I did it and hopefully you'll be inspired to make something of your own!


of course you need fabric.  look how cute mine is!! good find on a budget, julie!


now make a hem and then pin your fabric together






never forget to have fun- smile!



don't be shy to ask for help from those more experienced than you.  thanks, pratima!



always have someone check your work before you sew!



now you're ready to sew it all together!! so fun!



tada!! you've made a bag!!





we also made flower pens. 
confession:  i've never owned one, but always wanted to!  i keep it safe in the spiral binding of my journal.  i love it! 





many thanks to julie for making our afternoon so fun!




what are you waiting for?  go make something amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment